Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School is Back in Session!

Aidan & Cole Patrick up and ready for the first day!
Aidan and Cole Patrick started school today. After both were successfully dropped off, I told Bren, "It's just you and me, Kid". He promptly turned around and threw himself face-first on the couch. I know how you feel, Buddy, I do. If it wasn't for the fact that I know they would perceive it as torture, I would homeschool in a heartbeat. In fact, the first words out of my mouth this a.m. were "that's it, I'm homeschooling!" However, the grown-up in me that occasionally does emerge, knows that "because I miss them when they are gone to school" is not the best reason to homeschool!


Brendan & Ms. Wresinski: If I homeschooled, my children and I would have missed out on her!
We did make the decision not to send Brendan to preschool this year (if you can call me absolutely refusing to allow anyone else to care for him just yet,"us" making a decison). This was a really tough one. Both Aidan and Cole Patrick went to two years of preschool before beginning Kindergarten, and it was a wonderful experience. I thought both Bren and I would be ready for preschool this fall. In the spring, I even secured him two slots at two different schools (with non-refundadble deposits). When it came time to follow-thru, I realized that I just am not ready for someone else to be his caregiver--he hasn't even been with us a year!

Walking home from school with the big boys


Bren had his foster parents for two-and-a-half years, during that time, he went to daycare five days a week. I don't care what any one else says, NO ONE loves you and looks out for your best interests like your Mama. I know there are a lot of great preschools and daycares out there, but Brendan deserves more time with our family before he is off to school.


Brendan is thriving...we are now six months post adoption, and November will mark a year that he has been a part of our family. He is a different child than the one I met last October. Like any parenting decision, I will always hope and pray that what Jason and I decide is truly the best for our children, and in the meantime, I will just have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment